The Battle of the Gladden

For Feedback on any of the submitted articles or for talking about your upcoming articles!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: The Battle of the Gladden

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 am

I really loved this report! Very original. Very inspiring. Can't wait for the next one!
My WIP page: Click Here! -->So It Begins

Current Project: Dragon - Cave Trolls - Goblins

Standard Bearer

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

Eldarion Telcontar wrote:Your next battle will be set in Feanor's Mines, right? How will you handle the Deployment on those boards? I suppose normal Warband deployment wouldn't work very well.

Indeed, and for that very reason we'll only use the new rules to form the forces, not for deployment or even the scenario.
Instead, we'll scatter some objective markers on the board(s) (probably 4 victory points per objective), and then add the +1/+3 for wounding/killing opposing general and +3 for breaking enemy, and not being broken yourself. Deployment will be something to fit the background (ambushing a scouting party), but more on that later!

Villager

Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 am

Loved the report guys, especially the photography! Keep up the good work!
and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...

Standard Bearer

Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Whats the ETA for your next Batrep in the mines?

Standard Bearer

Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, it took a while for it to finally be played, but that part is done now! (and what a game it was...)
So now it will be some days to write etc, check it four times and have it uploaded.. won't give a date, but soon!
Will be worth the wait.. it will feature a Cave Troll! ;)

Standard Bearer

Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

It was hell of a battle indeed! And while it was a really exciting battle, right to the very end, I'm looking even more forward to the next battle. We already have some ideas, but you'll have to wait for the second Battle Report for that!

Coen, shall we upload (part of) one of the pictures we made last time as a teaser for them? :P

Stephen Tennyson wrote:Loved the report guys, especially the photography! Keep up the good work!

Cheers, glad you liked it! Keep an eye out for the next report. ;)
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Squire

Tue May 08, 2012 4:52 am

So good! I know it's a lot of effort to photograph and report, but totally worth it! Fantastic read and great scenery and minis, can't wait for the next one!
My LotR and 40k blog, Realm of Battle board, dwarves, gobs, space wolves and battle reports. http://simbattleboard.blogspot.com/

Squire

Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I enjoyed that, it was a good read! Quite tense in places. I'm really looking forward to seeing your cave board in action.

Would it be possible to get a few more close-up shots in the next one, if it's not happened already? I found it difficult discerning certain models from a distance, and really had to look hard at what was going on. Not to worry if it's too late. It was still very enjoyable!
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"

Standard Bearer

Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks!

JornOvera wrote:Would it be possible to get a few more close-up shots in the next one, if it's not happened already? I found it difficult discerning certain models from a distance, and really had to look hard at what was going on. Not to worry if it's too late. It was still very enjoyable!

Yeah, that's difficult decision when playing larger battles: on one hand, you want to show an overview so that it is clear when a flank is disappearing quickly or where the fighting is dense, on the other hand, that will make it more difficult to focus on certain areas or models (both would mean taking even more pictures in the little time we had and an even larger and longer report).
Anyway, the second battle was very different, only 400pts and, because of the board and deployment, already divided in several areas of which we took close ups. Most of the battle took place in 3 places, so that should be quite easy to follow. You did, however, provide me with some things to think about, and I may have come up with some nice solutions for the next big battle (probably the 4th in the series.. so should be done in a month or 6 ;) )

And: a teaser!

Squire

Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Ace, thanks for sharing that. And yeah, I see your point about the overall shots being important, and I appreciate you're not made of time!
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"

PreviousNext
Return to Article Feedback