Descending Into The Mines (battle report)

For Feedback on any of the submitted articles or for talking about your upcoming articles!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Descending Into The Mines (battle report)

Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 am

Dear Coen and Feanor,It has come to our attention that this battle report series is not finished.Which is BAD.When can we see this clash of axes and swords in its full glory?
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Mon May 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Haha, you're absolutely correct: this battle report series is not over yet! We both have several large projects (and countless small ones) that we are working on in the weekends (which you can check out in the Painting, Terrain and Conversions forums) and this battle reports series is one of the smaller projects I guess.
I'm currently doing my research and writing my Bachelors thesis. Don't expect any work on it from me before July! ;) I'm sure Coen is also pretty busy at the moment.

Oh, by the way, just to let you know, Coen and I are planning to do a lot more battles in this series and it will end with the huge Battle of Azanulbizar! When you might ask? No idea, maybe in 2 or 3 years?

I'm sorry if this message has come across as a bit sarcastic, but I think it's flattering to see how many people are looking forward to a next report. It's just that we're both busy with other stuff. ;)
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Squire

Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm

July?2 Months?Well there goes my sanity.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Wed May 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Fëanor wrote:I'm currently doing my research and writing my Bachelors thesis. Don't expect any work on it from me before July! ;) I'm sure Coen is also pretty busy at the moment.

Aye, still very busy celebrating finishing my BSc Thesis. :mrgreen:
We both have several large projects (and countless small ones) that we are working on in the weekends (which you can check out in the Painting, Terrain and Conversions forums [Shameless plug! - well done :P ]) and this battle reports series is one of the smaller projects I guess.

In all honesty, it simply doesn't have a high priority for me. It's a lot of work, and all that time could indeed be spent painting or converting any of those many models still awaiting either, in those precious few hours available during the weekends. During the weeks, plenty of other thing to keep me occupied. There is a reason why (when the article database was still available, that is) articles weren't flowing in like crazy: few people have or take the time to make something like that, and the higher the quality, the more time it costs. If anybody really wants to see the batrep finished quickly, you can always try to get my attention by sending a bottle of mead or so...* :)
*No, you don't really have to bribe me of course.**
**Though you may try to.

Warrior

Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Coën wrote: If anybody really wants to see the batrep finished quickly, you can always try to get my attention by sending a bottle of mead or so...* :)
*No, you don't really have to bribe me of course.**
**Though you may try to.

Just make a 'donate now' button at the bottom of this post....And see what happens. ;)

Standard Bearer

Mon May 13, 2013 4:07 pm

What's that? An update?
Well, sort of. As a teaser, we thought we'd show the actual scenario we played those many moons ago.
Clicky here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/584 ... enario.pdf
(926 kB)

Standard Bearer

Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Cool! Nice to see you did some work on it. :) The layout looks ace, well done. I should really do something to right..?
Anyway, this might also be useful for people to know:

The Forces

Good
Thrain (using profile and model of Dain)
6 Khazad Guards
2 Vault Warden Teams
2 Iron Guards

Evil
Goblin Captain (shield)
6 Goblins (shield)
6 Goblins (spear)

Goblin Shaman
6 Goblins (shield)
6 Goblins (spear)

6 Goblins (shield)
6 Goblins (spear)

The last 12 Goblins did indeed not have a warband leader. This was because they were the 12 Goblins that were distributed over the covered inlets.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Squire

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 am

So is any work going to be done on it this month?

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:59 am

Perhaps.

Standard Bearer

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:12 am

Seriously, take your time. Now that Azog, the 3 young Dwarves (Thorin, Balin, Dwalin), Thror, the Hunter Orcs and Erebor Dwarves have been released, if you intend to get these new models you should wait till you have them painted and ready.

Plus your studies are more important of course. :)

PreviousNext
Return to Article Feedback