Marketplace?

If anyone would like to share their ideas for the new TLA format and site, please let us know here!

Moderator: Leaders

Villager

Marketplace?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am

What do users think about setting up a marketplace section or something for listing trade/sale/want lists for minis? I'm not sure a message thread is the most efficient way to do it, or if something already exists, even another site (other than ebay!)? Are there any rules against it on the message board? I didn't see anything in the FAQ. I just picked up a box of Easterlings and a box of Warriors of Harad, but I really only need one sprue of each... Likewise, I'd only need a couple of some others (I'd like to get 2 dwarf rangers but they only come as a box of 24) that I'd like to trade for or buy. Opinions? If the moderators give the ok, I'll post my lists at a later date...

Standard Bearer

Re: Marketplace?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 am

This might have been better if it was put in the "site suggestion" forum. ;)
"Better to keep your mouth shut and seem like a fool, than to open it and confirm that you are."
Mark Twain
Armies: Dwarves, Misty Mountains
Unfinished LoME Profiles:
http://www.terrainguild.com/thelastalliance/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1295

Ranger

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:43 am

I don't see a problem, it's done on a lot of other sites that I know.
BlackMist - 2 times UK LotR Champion.
Coordinator of the Great British Hobbit League.
Click to view the rankings
Join the Facebook group to stay up to date with the latest Tournaments

Villager

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Whoops, how did I miss that, being the line directly above the General Discussions title? Sorry about that, the "site suggestion" subforum in Website news would definitely be a better place for this thread... Anyway, where would people want to see posts of minis for trade etc? Would it be possible (or worthwhile) to make a new category? Or just post them to the General Discussion forum? what say you?

Standard Bearer

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:40 pm

I think it would be cool if we had a Marketplace forum, where people could sell whatever, including minis. :)
"Better to keep your mouth shut and seem like a fool, than to open it and confirm that you are."
Mark Twain
Armies: Dwarves, Misty Mountains
Unfinished LoME Profiles:
http://www.terrainguild.com/thelastalliance/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1295

Standard Bearer

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:05 pm

The forum to discuss such things could be created but you could do the same in the general discussion I guess (not sure though)
Here's the important part though:
At no point can you make business through this forum, you can tell people about you ebay sale to see if you get more potencial buyers. But you must not use this site as if it were ebay since this site cannot take any responsability for any money members send between them.
That's pretty much it I think. You can tell people about your sales but you can't sell anything through this site ;)

Standard Bearer

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:27 pm

If it goes ahead, I reckon same rules etc. as;

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=6

That. I've traded many, many times through there.

Villager

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:17 pm

I recently sent a PM about a suggestion just like this. I'd like to point out that many forums allow sales between users (posting WTS/WTT/WTB ads), but do not take any responsibility for transactions. It's simply following an honor system and users new to trading will typically refer to ebay feedback to establish credibility for the first transaction(s). There are also typically positive and negative feedback threads, in which users can comment on their experiences with others. Caveat emptor is the rule for a forum like that, but having actively participated as a buyer in forum marketplaces for years, I have yet to have an issue with someone running with the money.
I think it would be of great value for the powers-that-be to take a marketplace idea back into consideration for the site!

Standard Bearer

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:21 pm

It is currently under consideration and has been for a little while, expect an update soon :)

Villager

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 am

I follow a lot of action figure sites as im a huge Gi-Joe and Transformer nut and on most of those we all have a B/S/T thread. You post what you have and what you want in your own thread and if someone wants to buy something and doesnt have anything to trade you deal with that via PMs and we usually use Paypal as the transfer system. This isnt done in the thread though and people dont typically post prices. A typical response is "PM sent". In addition we all have our own feedback threads and usually use our e-bay rankings as a guideline on wether you would trust someone or not. Most if not all of those sites have a separate section for posting your ebay listings in addition to your B/S/T thread.

Next
Return to Site Suggestions