A General Discussion Thread For WotR

If anyone would like to share their ideas for the new TLA format and site, please let us know here!

Moderator: Leaders

Villager

Re: A General Discussion Thread For WotR

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 pm

You do realise wotr is still a LOTR Stragtegy Battle Game, have a look at your rulebooks the logo is printed EVERYWHERE. The full title of the game is actually The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game: War of the Ring. So "technically" that forum doesnt need its decription changed, but since every body calls the original SBG and they call wotr, wotr theres some need for clarification.

When wotr came out i would have though gw would have started to call sbg the skirmish game since they are both under the brand LOTR SBG.

Villager

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 pm

How about "This forum is for general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and The War of the Ring."
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Squire

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:49 am

HostofMirkwood wrote:yes. tabletop games seems a little too general. bad pun :oops: Why not just add on War of the Ring to the description as it is?
gil-galad's elves wrote:How about "This forum is for general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and The War of the Ring."

I think that might have already been mentioned ;) But it is a good idea to clear up the issue.
"Such is the nature of evil. In time all foul things come forth."
—Thranduil in The Desolation of Smaug

Villager

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 am

Oops :oops:
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Standard Bearer

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 am

Changed the description, adragonsfang had a point so I went along those lines. GW calls WotR an expansion to LotR SBG so if they ever decide to make more of those the new description still covers it

Squire

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:51 am

Very nicely put :) No future doubt about the title if GW does expand the SBG market. I like it.
"Such is the nature of evil. In time all foul things come forth."
—Thranduil in The Desolation of Smaug

Previous
Return to Site Suggestions