TLA online Magazine - CANCELLED

If anyone would like to share their ideas for the new TLA format and site, please let us know here!

Moderator: Leaders

Warrior

TLA online Magazine - CANCELLED

Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi all

The magazine is cancelled
The magazine has been CANCELLED due to a lack of activity

This topic used to read:

This is the forum for all of the stuff concerning the magazine which we will hopefully do
if you have any questions please go ahead

I alredy have a small list of people who have said they would like to contribute:
    Drumtastic
    dominicrallan
    LonelyKnight
    Coen
    Typhoon2
    Denizen of The Deep
    Martinusv
    JornOvera
    Hasharin
    MoriaMadness
    Elentir
    Fëanor
    LordHyper
    Myself

if anyone else would like to help please ask

also a name is nesscisary
please post all you ideas

that should be enough for now

SidTheSloth
:D
Last edited by SidTheSloth on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
What we need is a few good 'taters.
What's 'taters, precious? What's 'taters, eh?
Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant
backlog comlete: 2/80

Squire

Re: TLA online magazine stuff

Tue May 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Add Hasharin to the list :D We could do a string of army lists with tactics for each one, I would gladly do that part.
"I WANT YOU TO MAKE THEM BLEED OUT OF THEIR EAR HOLES". -JC

Standard Bearer

Tue May 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Okay, so how do we want to get this organized?
I think we first need to gather more people to join. Also, tips and ideas from people who have already tried something like this would really help. Also, we'll need to keep the thread(s) clean: so only relevant information please.

Let's say people can sign up in this thread and post in which way they want to contribute (be it battle reports, army lists, painting articles, tactics, house rules, artwork, etc).

I'll start off:
I can make articles , depending on the theme of the magazine, on Painting, Terrain Making, Sculpting (basic/intermediate level), House Rules (true to the book rules), fan writing, a battle report, research on the books (so and essay on Rohan warfare for example). Since I can field most armies, I can definitely help with one or more of the above mentioned things.

After we have a group of people, we can think (and vote) about a theme.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Warrior

Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 am

thanks feanor
you're much more organized than me :lol:

I'll happily do some articles (possibly painting, terrain, simple converting)
some small battle reports I could do
also I could do some scenario writing
and some house rules
and maybe some in depth research (but not too much (english is not my strong point))
and some basing guides
and ...umm...thats all i can think of at the moment

SidTheSloth
Last edited by SidTheSloth on Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Standard Bearer

Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 am

If you guys want I could probably make a subforum only you guys, and us mods, can see, so you can work on it in private and I can add people as and when?

Standard Bearer

Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 pm

That would be a good idea! Then we don't need to defile all other forums. :) And we could get it a bit organised (or something that looks like it).

So, a new forum for the people signed up here?
SidTheSloth, if you could change the title of this topic to something like: "TLA Magazine - Sign Up Here!" then we can PM ukrocky every now and then if we have new people to join the forum too.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Warrior

Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm

okay dokey :D

Squire

Re: TLA online Magazine - Sign Up Here!

Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 pm

My best contribution will be conversions and battle-hosting. Myself and Elentir are quite close locally so could take part in regular battles I'm sure.

@ Feanor, if you also have a regular gaming partner then we could do something...

say the theme was for example; Elves vs Dwarves, you and your partner could have a battle and me and my partner would have the exact same battle simaltaneously with the same army lists and points. The 2 battles (and reports) could then be compared to see which tactics worked best or worst for each player in each battle. It would give a good idea to the reader whether one army was stronger than the other or if one persons tactics were alot better than the other.

My first contribution ;) haha
'You know, po-ta-toes.. boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew'

Warrior

Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm

MoriaMadness wrote:My best contribution will be conversions and battle-hosting. Myself and Elentir are quite close locally so could take part in regular battles I'm sure.

@ Feanor, if you also have a regular gaming partner then we could do something...

say the theme was for example; Elves vs Dwarves, you and your partner could have a battle and me and my partner would have the exact same battle simaltaneously with the same army lists and points. The 2 battles (and reports) could then be compared to see which tactics worked best or worst for each player in each battle. It would give a good idea to the reader whether one army was stronger than the other or if one persons tactics were alot better than the other.

My first contribution ;) haha

This sounds good! I'm also looking forward to that Yorkshirewide Hobbit prep day in december, that would make a cool feature.

Ranger

Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 pm

How about reviews of non-GW stuff for folks to learn about what else there is in the wide world of wargaming? As an example, my posting about Renedra fences and tents. I have examples to follow of PMC Games, Pegasus, S & A Scenics and other terrain manufacturers, and I'm sure others could chip in concerning Gripping Beast for Dunlendings or whatever.

Next
Return to Site Suggestions