Army 'Tactica' Threads in Army Building/Tactics Forum?

If anyone would like to share their ideas for the new TLA format and site, please let us know here!

Moderator: Leaders

Warrior

Re: Army 'Tactica' Threads in Army Building/Tactics Forum?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm

@black1blade: The way these threads tend to work on other forums is that they aren't specifically for army lists, rather they are a place to go to discuss the more abstract concepts of building an army for a specific force. But having a "Getting Started" sticky with example armies for all the books could be a nice concept.

@Denizen: The great thing about doing it via the forum, instead of via a PDF or an article, is that it becomes a living body of work, to which anyone can contribute, and host debate. In an ideal work, a wiki would be a nice place to put this, but given the format of the site, this seems like the best way to do it for now. Maybe when the site article library returns (fingers crossed), we could create a series of articles based on the forum debates which could be updated?

I think hero analysis is definitely part of it, although for most heroes it'll only be a couple of lines I'd imagine.

I'm not sure where the TLA magazine project is at the moment, but perhaps some of the best debates from these threads could be included as an edited compilation in editions of the magazine?

@Everyone: So, The Newbie has volunteered to take a run at starting on The Elves. I'd quite like to take a run at the Evil in the Northlands section, mainly on the Moria & Angmar side of things. Anyone want to take on the Hobbit side of that section?

As for the other sections, volunteers, please step forward! I think it'd be awesome to be able to start all our threads with some content, instead of just starting a "placeholder" thread and waiting for it to fill up. The more content we can provide for new and existing players from the get go, the better!
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Warrior

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:11 pm

lotrchampion wrote:I'm not sure where the TLA magazine project is at the moment, but perhaps some of the best debates from these threads could be included as an edited compilation in editions of the magazine?

The magazine was canceled a while back sorry :cry:
What we need is a few good 'taters.
What's 'taters, precious? What's 'taters, eh?
Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant
backlog comlete: 2/80

Warrior

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm

lotrchampion wrote:As for the other sections, volunteers, please step forward! I think it'd be awesome to be able to start all our threads with some content, instead of just starting a "placeholder" thread and waiting for it to fill up. The more content we can provide for new and existing players from the get go, the better!

I indeed think that we should either start with a content for every army or don't start yet.
It can be launched as soon as every 'army' has at least something.

Although I wouln't mind volunteering for Mordor, I do think that others are much more fitted for the job. I mean more competitive players. And some who are better at english :P
Middle-Earth Monster Mash - 4th (Mordor+Harad)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash II - 4th (Galadhrim)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash III - 2nd (Thorin's Company)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash IV - 7th (Minas Morgul)

Previous
Return to Site Suggestions