Captain of the Dead - Playtest

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Site Admin

Re: Captain of the Dead - Playtest

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 am

Edit: The CotD now has a single Might point, at a cost of 75.
Enough to take enable heroic actions but not to increase damage output in anything but the short term. Feedback from any playtests of this profile is welcome.

Villager

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Had a small game today using the captain of the dead mounted + the king of the dead and a stack of warriors.
The profile felt really good, especially because I didn't have to use a D.A captain to lead more dead troops! 2 attacks on a horse was pretty brutal though, especially with the blades of the dead rule. To be fair, they are a lot of points!

I guess it's hard to really work around that though, I mean losing an attack is pretty huge, especially considering the fellow has just 1 might (which I think is good). I think a possible fix could be when mounted either he doesn't get + 1 attack (still gets knock down) or he moves only 6 inches (but still get's cav bonus) as the riders of the dead in terms of theme only moved as fast as the foot troops.

Felt really cool though! Shame I was playing against Elves.

Villager

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:49 am

Docccy wrote:Had a small game today using the captain of the dead mounted + the king of the dead and a stack of warriors.
The profile felt really good, especially because I didn't have to use a D.A captain to lead more dead troops! 2 attacks on a horse was pretty brutal though, especially with the blades of the dead rule. To be fair, they are a lot of points!

I guess it's hard to really work around that though, I mean losing an attack is pretty huge, especially considering the fellow has just 1 might (which I think is good). I think a possible fix could be when mounted either he doesn't get + 1 attack (still gets knock down) or he moves only 6 inches (but still get's cav bonus) as the riders of the dead in terms of theme only moved as fast as the foot troops.

Felt really cool though! Shame I was playing against Elves.

Hah yeah you finally get to use blades of the dead in a PURE dead list... and the opponent brings Elves.

I like the captain now too, he's good and priced right. Without at least a bit of might I don't think I would use an all-dead army, and then we're kinda back where we started.

Previous
Return to The Kingdoms of Men - Unreleased Profiles