C 3

Wargear
Armour, Sword, Horse

Options
• Lance …………………………………………….………………. 1pts
• Shield …………………………………………….………………. 1pts
• Longbow ...…………………………………….………………. 1pts

===PLAYTESTING===
Edit Nov 11 2015: Price reduction from 16pts to 14pts base.
Edit Nov 15 2015: Price reduction from 14pts to 13pts base, shield removed and made into 1pt upgrade
Longbow option added at +2 points to allow a single basic profile to represent both knights and horse-archers

Site Admin

Re: Knight of Numenor - Playtest

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:07 am

About this profile:
This is a proposed idea for a Knight of Numenor model.

It is designed to fill the cavalry gap in the Numenorian army. A very early release by GW, Numenor only ever got one type of warrior profile ( :shock: ) - a numenorian warrior on foot, with shield, spear and bow options.

Compared to Minas Tirith
The cavalry profile shown here fits the Numenorian pattern of having higher fight than Minas Tirith (4 vs 3) but lower armour (4 to 5 vs 5 to 6).
When upgraded with a lance it costs 2 pts more than the Knight of Minas Tirith with lance and shield.

Compared to Dol Amroth
This profile has the same elite fight value as a Knight of Dol Amroth. It costs 3 points less than the equivalent KODA with a lance, for which it gives up 1 defence value, the Dol Amroth for Gondor reroll rule, and armour from its horse.

Villager

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:32 pm

There are already two easily examples of F4 S4 D5 C3 cavalry in Westfold Redshields and mounted Citadel guards. Both are 14 points with that profile but also have special rules/extra equipment. The Westfolds have bows and expert rider and the Citadel Guards have bodyguard. So in keeping with the theme of the Unreleased Profiles would it be fitting to give the Numenor Knight a 14pt base and exclude any special rules (therefore rendering it 100% the value of current range models).

Site Admin

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
Edit Nov 11 2015: Price reduction from 16pts to 14pts base.

Squire

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 am

It looks fair to me.
How would people model it? I think using the minas tirith knight might be the best place to start, but perhaps the armour is too heavy.
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Villager

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:49 pm

I like the profile but I feel theirs a Shield missing from the profile.

Defense 5 with no Shield should be the equivalent for Heavy Armour, I feel that Armour is spot on here as is defense 5. I'd Add the Shield.

Last Question I'd post this in both but i seriously can't be posting it trice. Is it worth adding a Longbow to this profile and just removing the Horse archer Profile? It would reduce the clutter of Armies on a spread sheet and make the units slightly more customizable.

Site Admin

Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:56 am

I like the profile but I feel theirs a Shield missing from the profile. Defense 5 with no Shield should be the equivalent for Heavy Armour, I feel that Armour is spot on here as is defense 5. I'd Add the Shield.

I will add the shield to the profile.

Last Question I'd post this in both but i seriously can't be posting it trice. Is it worth adding a Longbow to this profile and just removing the Horse archer Profile? It would reduce the clutter of Armies on a spread sheet and make the units slightly more customizable.

It's a good suggestion. The early draft profiles were originally a bit more different, but with the current war gear optoions two profiles could be rolled in to one. It does mean it would be possible to have a lance and bow on the same model, but that already exists with the Knights of Rivendell.
This would mean reducing the base cost to 13 and defence to 4, then allowing people to add the items back on as upgrades.

Numenor Cavalry
Base cost 13 + shield 1 + Lance = 15
Horse Archer
Base cost 13 + long bow 2 = 15
or
Base cost 13 + long bow 2 + Lance = 16

Villager

Re: Numenor Cavalry - Playtest

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:51 am

What else should numenor have, or is this enough now they can do men on foot and on horses.

Villager

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 pm

The need the heavy infantry that was described in the unfinished tales. Housecarl like guys that were the veteran and tested soldiers who made up the backbone of the army. And Isildor's brother and sons too.

Villager

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Aren't heavy infantry all they have by default? Armoured warriors with shields and swords or spears, and elite fight 4 value.

Next
Return to The Kingdoms of Men - Unreleased Profiles