F...... S D A W C M W F
6/4+ 4 8 3 3 7 3 3 3

Wargear
Heavy Dwarf Armour, Two-Handed Axe

Army:
Durin’s Folk

Special Rules
Burly
Ancient Feud Dwarves with this special rule may never benefit from a Standfast or Heroic Action called by Elven heroes. In addition if a Dwarf with this special rule is in combat with an Elf, both must re-roll any failed 'To Wound' rolls of 1 against the other.
Mountain Dweller
Can move its normal full distance in any rocky area classed as difficult terrain just as if in the open. May also reroll any jumping and climbing tests.

Options
• Armoured Hog……………………………….……………. 20pts viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8403

====PLAYTEST=====
19 Nov 2015 Following several playest games and feeback here, Dain has had the following changes:
Representing the younger Dain better: Named axe removed, replaced with 2 handed weapon and Burly Special rule. Fate increased by 1. Inspiring hero removed. Price reduced from 140 to 135
Armoured Hog price reduced from 25 to 20
20 Nov 2015 Added thematic Ancient Feud rule.

Site Admin

Re: Dain Ironfoot, Warrior King

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:16 am

About this profile
This is Dain at his peak, the warrior king of Erebor

Compared to Dain Ironfoot, King of Erebor
This profile is heavily based on the official GW Dain rules, which represent him at an old age.
[] Venerable rule - (takes the lowest of 2 dice when rolling for jump tests) dropped.
[] Gains Mountain Dweller
[] Fight increased from 5 to 6.
[] Defence decreased from 9 to 8 (primarily for balance reasons now the model is F6)
[] The model can take an Armoured Hog

[] Cost increased from 125 to 140

Villager

Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:03 am

Back to my previous points on Faramir and helm. This model laks a bit of creativity

I don't mind that we are creating a younger version of the two but this feel like a copy of the old version with lower defence and higher fight. We need to mix the profile up bit.

Firstly the mithr heavy armour needs to be changed to dwarf heavy armour, this is important as Mithril provides to penalties to swim check and heavy armour does.

On the same vein Dain didn't get his Magic axe or his mithril armour until he became King Under the Mountain.
So I feel that swapping his barazantathul for a two-handed hammer with the Burly special rule would better reflect his image portrayed in the hobbit.

The next thing I'd look at his special rules. I love the addition of Mountain Dweller, but why are we keeping his 12" Standfast? I always felt his increased Standfast was due to the fact he was the King of Erebor, but in this profile he hasn't become king yet. So I think lose the stand fast and make a real difference between the two profiles.
The last thing I would add to his reportoire is a special rule reflecting his hate and distrust for the elves. This is the rule I would add.

Ancient Feud: Dwarves with this special rule may never benifit from any Standfasts or heroic actions called by Elven heroes. In addition if a dwarf this special rule find himself in combat with an elf model they may re-roll any failed 'To Wound' rolls of 1.

These changes will give a bit more flavour to Dain and point of difference between his other profile.

-Kylie

Site Admin

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks. I like the rule suggestion and have tweaked it very slightly.
Ancient Feud Ancient Feud Dwarves with this special rule may never benefit from a Standfast or Heroic Action called by Elven heroes. In addition if Dwarf with this special rule is in combat with an Elf, both may re-roll any failed 'To Wound' rolls of 1 against the other.

Villager

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:56 am

I could do another play testing game if you like with the new changes, but I can already tell I like them.
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Return to The Free People - Dwarfs