6” 3/4+ 4 5 2 2 4 2 2 0

Wargear
Heavy Armour, Hand Weapon (mace), Warg

Army:
Angmar

Site Admin

Re: Golfimbul - Angmar - Approved

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:15 am

The profile for this model was part of the Scouring of the Shire, but was forgotten in the rules update (thanks to Kylie from the Green Dragon podcast for finding and submitting it).

Golfimbul was a goblin chieftain from the Misty Mountains. In TA 2747, Golfimbul led an army of Goblins from Mount Gram in the Misty Mountains into the Northfarthing of the Shire. This Goblin invasion in the northern Shire occurred during the reign of Arassuil as Chieftain of the Dúnedain, and the goblins led by Golfimbul were but the most western pack of goblins which had left the Misty Mountains. The only reason Golfimbul could make it all the way to the Shire was that the Rangers at the time were fighting many battles with goblins, preventing them from settling all of Eriador.

The Goblin-host was defeated by a troop of Hobbits led by Bandobras ("Bullroarer") Took. According to the narrative in the book The Hobbit, during the battle Bullroarer charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram and with a wooden club knocked Golfimbul's head clean off, sending it sailing a hundred yards through the air and down a rabbit-hole, thus winning the battle.

Golfimbul would unwittingly give his name to the game of golf, which was invented by Took's actions at the battle

Villager

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:01 pm

The Old Fat Goblin who can only lead Orcs is back!

Site Admin

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:16 pm

It's an interesting profile - the lack of fate is an obvious weakness, but he is unusually capable of keeping his little goblin buddies on the table due to C4 and 2 Will. I like it.

Villager

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Love it. Directly Time traveled from the Souring of the Shire the best Supplement ever created.

~Kylie

Villager

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:31 am

Is the Scouring for the Shire still for sale? Or is there a PDF?
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:44 am

I have a PDF of the Source book if you'd like to PM me your email address.

Villager

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:03 am

With the warg built in that is a pretty good price. Only F3 and no fate, but even so I like it.

Villager

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Ironfoot Dain wrote:With the warg built in that is a pretty good price. Only F3 and no fate, but even so I like it.

It's how it was in the Scouring of the Shire book. The thinking behind the no fate rule as I remember when we worked on SotS was that Golfimbul was fated to die in the source material (head knocked off) so we gave him no fate. S3 seems appropriate as he is only a Goblin and was designed with SotS in mind and so would be fighting Hobbits.

Glad to see this back so everyone can use the profile again. I still have copies of SotS and the model, which is a good'un.

Return to Moria, Angmar & Goblin Town