Khand - Bow limit

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Site Admin

Khand - Bow limit

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Proposed rule:

When creating their army, the player may choose that only those Khandish horsemen who have their bows held in hand count as armed with bows.

Site Admin

Re: Khand - Bow limit

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Reasoning
This is a rule suggested by Locky, and the reasoning behind it is that all models of Khandish horsemen are equipped with bows, but only 33% of the army may carry them. This makes creating an all mounted Khandish army impossible.

The models have a variety of poses that would make differentiating between warriors purposefully armed with bows easy:

(A similar rule was made by GW to cover Riders of Rohan models in the past).

Comments welcome.

Villager

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 pm

I would love for Khand to get some love!
My mates usually just let me play Khand with the same rule Rohan riders get, and I still seem to be great at losing with Khand.
Whether it be the Riders special rule, the ability to 'drop' a bow or just not take one, letting Khand have a 50% bow limit or say allowing 4 bows for each Chariot you take, just anything to let me play a Wain Riders themed list!

Squire

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:56 am

Very good idea.
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Villager

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:48 pm

I would purpose Khand recieve the Easterling 50% bow limit (which khand should have always had and easterlings never had) and be allowed to drop the bow from their automatic wargear if mounted. It keeps it within Eastern Kingdom rules without making them as 'powerful' as Riders of Rohan, if you could even call the 100% bow rule on a D4 model with Shoot 4 powerful.
Happy Medium?

Return to The Easterlings, Harad & Umbar