Move 6”
F...... S D A W C M W F
4/4+ 4 4 1 1 3 1 1 1

Wargear
Armour, Hand Weapon, Whip

Army:
Isengard
Special Rules
Ruffian Only Ruffians and Wild men of Dunland may benefit from Bill Ferny’s Stand Fast
Crony If no allied hero is within 12”, Bill Ferny will fail any courage test he is required to take

Site Admin

Re: Bill Ferny - Playtest

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:57 am

About Bill Ferny

Bill Ferny served as a spy for the Ringwraiths, and relayed information about Shire-hobbits to them. He joined Sharkey, and guarded the gate at the Brandywine Bridge. His command over the local Shirriffs was hard, but he was no match for the four Hobbits who tried to break in. He fled into the night.

About this profile

Bill Ferny is designed to be a low grade named Character for a Ruffian force. He is inexpensive but with a very basic statline, and comes with negative rules - he is designed to never last long without supervision.

Villager

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:27 am

You could probably make him fight 4 or add something extra as at the moment Damrod far out classes him for the same points.

Site Admin

Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:28 am

RIGG wrote:You could probably make him fight 4 or add something extra as at the moment Damrod far out classes him for the same points.

That is true, but Damrod is also an exceptionally good value hero, and I mean that literally in that he and Beregond seem to be an exception to the usual rules used to price them :D
Since he's the same price F4 is probably fair, but he can remain 1 defence and 1 courage lower than Damrod, have a lower shoot value, plus carry a whip instead of a more useful bow.

It's not a bad thing if he's outclassed by an existing hero, as long as he's still worth considering.

Villager

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:00 am

I agree with locky, because I think that Fight 4 Bill will still be not as good as Damrod but will be worth taking. He will also stand out a bit more from the average ruffian.
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager

Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 am

20 points here for a 1/1/1 hero. To be honest it's fine.

At this point it's kind of negligible to surbract 2-3 points.

remember comparing Bill to Damrod is kinda irrelevant as the armies they are apart of are vastly different and they are on opposite ends of the spectrum as ones good and ones evil. So neither can be really have their opportunity stolen by the other.

Question though. What's the modivation for adding the Crony Special rule?

Villager

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Lady Kindle wrote:Question though. What's the modivation for adding the Crony Special rule?

Bill like the other ruffians are just that ruffians and bullies and in the source material are only brave because of their numbers. I think this rule will add a nice flavour to a game with him included. No all rules need to be buffs some can be negative but still be fun to play.

Villager

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:43 pm

That's his personality. Even the bad guys can't trust him out of their sight ;)
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Return to Isengard - Unreleased Profiles