New base size introduced in the game (size comparison pic!)

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

New base size introduced in the game (size comparison pic!)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 am

I just got my hands on Azog, and to my surprise I found out that the White Warg is mounted on a new base size. This base falls between the cavalry base and the monster base.

As I would like to use a separate White Warg model to represent the dismounted version, this is a bit problematic.

Since this new base size doesn't seem to be available separately, I have contacted customer service to see whether or not they can help me out with a separate base.

The reference number on the bottom of the base is 99379999050.
Last edited by GrashnarTheSecond on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Standard Bearer

Re: New base size introduced in the game

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 am

Ah, that's quite interesting - both the Warg and Azog looked a bit small in the pictures, but if he is in fact on a bigger base, that probably (luckily) isn't the case.

Keep us updated, and could you get a comparison of Azog next to a Hunter orc and/or the Warg next to a normal one?

Standard Bearer

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Coën wrote:Ah, that's quite interesting - both the Warg and Azog looked a bit small in the pictures, but if he is in fact on a bigger base, that probably (luckily) isn't the case.

Keep us updated, and could you get a comparison of Azog next to a Hunter orc and/or the Warg next to a normal one?

I have just finished assembly and basecoating. Once he's painted (by tomorrow, probably), I'll be posting some size comparison pictures.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Squire

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:13 pm

In white dwarf the white warg is beside a normal warg and if you look at the bases the white wargs does look bigger. I think the goblin king is a bit sqaushed in on the 40mm base.He would be better on the new base.
What is the sive of the base.Im guessing 50mm.
Not the great goblin, the big goblin
Take a look at my W.I.P tread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7616&p=81441#p81441

Squire

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:26 pm

A bigger base would need a bigger throne.So he would be even fatter.
Last edited by da krimson barun on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:30 pm

If the goblin king starts up weight watchers he could have more room on the base (I told him and now I'm apart of the corpse pile).

mordor orc.
Check out my scenic base thread- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7305&start=10

Standard Bearer

Re: New base size introduced in the game (size comparison pi

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 am

Here's a comparison picture of Azog mounted next to a Mordor Troll Chieftain and a regular Warg Rider.
Armies:

Squire

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Its a bit hard to see.Could you take a pic of him right beside the warg rider from directly above please?
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Armies:

Squire

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics. Huh I did not expect it to be 50mm, but I guess 60mm would be a bit too big.

The troll chief with Aragorn on his base looks amazing, very clever. Would you consider posting some pictures of them? Maybe some of Azog as well?
- RIP Fimbul and Narzug -

Next
Return to News