August white dwarf

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

August white dwarf

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Here a link for august white dwarf:
http://pinsofwar.com/warhammer-lizardme ... gust-2013/
Not the great goblin, the big goblin
Take a look at my W.I.P tread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7616&p=81441#p81441

Squire

Re: August white dwarf

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Weird..No Hobbit.AGAIN.The customer service guy said he'd remind The WD team that The Hobbit exists..I don't think he did.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh well.....
What did we expect??
I am probaly still going to get it though.
We can't get everything! At least there is lotr/th Wargames :)

mordor orc.
Check out my scenic base thread- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7305&start=10

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 pm

everyone is getting what they wanted. Everyone is always saying, don't buy GW LOTr or Hobbit and send a message. GW got it, stop supporting it and let it die. But since they can't cut loose the contract at this time, nobody else will be making them either, and when the films end the interest will dwindle and the liceanse will not be worth as much to anyone.
and at the same time, WH40K sold out the large apoc cases at $250 each, = $750,000 for WH40K (after a great Eldar release). So why would GW care about us not buying Hobbit? Plus now WHF has a turn to shine again, they are also selling (and it is the much expected Wood Elves, the rumour was they were doing all the elves from both lines).
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Sure, that makes sense. People stop buying a product thats declining in quality and quickly becoming unaffordable, so its automatically our fault if GW drops support for it.

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm

If you are looking for a fault, yeah, it is our fault for not paying more for crappy quality and poor support. that is free market, and it is GW's fault for not keeping prices down or providing a quality item worth paying the price for (if possible).
What I am saying is that we can't blame GW for not supporting something that is not selling, nor expect them to go belly up and cry over it when they are exceeding sales in other area's. I think they will be fine to write off the loss and hold the contract over so noone else can benefit. It is too bad. They may have stipulations that force them to make chosen characters as part of the rights agreement, but I don't know. At this point, I would not be surprised if they never mention the Hobbit again, and would be equally unsurprised if they kept up releases as they have with no support at all and let it ride on it's own.
I do know that not buying is what people have been trying to do, and if GW doesn't support it after low sales it would be a natural reaction. My argument has always been that GW stopping making them is never a garauntee that someone else will and thus it will be the end of something I love (regardless of the very true price and quality issues).

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Instead of trying to respond positively to customer disatisfaction by reigning in their skyrocketing prices (which is a problem across all their ranges but which cripples LOTR most of all) and promoting the game better, GW has simply taken the easy, lazy option of dropping support for the game (White Dwarf coverage and promotion etc) and just producing the bare minimum.

Which is why I reject the idea that its our 'fault' for not supporting the game by buying it. I would buy it, if I thought it was worth my money (which is very limited anyway). But I don't. The onus is on GW to persuade me to buy from them and they're doing a terrible job of it.

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:46 pm

I agree Eldarion, GW is not trying, accepting defeat or just ignoring it altogether. it is a shame that they cannot offer us fans what we want.

A friend showed some of those Eldar Wraithlords or whatever, I pointed out that a fully articulated, painted, sturdy, great quality, assembled, with accesories and attachments action figure of that would cost $10, and people still customise and repaint action figures all the time. GW should call Hasbro, even reselling it at 100% markup they would still be cheaper.

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Sithious this might be of interest to you.

Dorthonion, One Ring wrote:Here is a clip I stumbled across on the Weird Wild Web:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqBGtuKrJaQ
It is interesting to hear it from a retailers point of view.

Standard Bearer

Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 am

Was a good watch. I have heard all these point made before, usually from some internet only seller boo-hooing about how he can't sell anymore and GW is unfair. I 100% think that Hobby products need to be sold in shops where you can see them, paint them, play the game, and see the hobby grow. I support GW moving this way, even though they are crazy with prices, they are supporting the growth of the hobby and stopping people from just making money off the models with no work put in to grow the hobby. This same move by GW actually helps all the model companies in the world because it grows the hobby. I may learn about the hobby from popping into a store (which I did) and perhaps I start out with a few GW models and then progress into warmachine, Hordes, Reaper, or meet other gamers and buy from other specialty model companies and still feel part of the hobby community. This is one of the best things GW is doing for the hobby. It is the big picture. Sure, getting 25% off models when there is no store for a hundred miles makes sense, or if you still pop into stores to buy occasionally but want to get more for your money, I understand that, but I think that this move may help more real stores see growth, making opening a store worth doing, and then maybe more stores open... that is what hobby growth should be. Internet sales stops that growth an keeps it an introvert hobby that only those on the in get to know about. It does not stop you from buying online, it just make sure you are buying from someone who is growing the hobby and not some guy who sells GW online and purses and movie tickets and whatever else he can sell without actually ever leaving his chair to ship it to his customer while collecting the pay for typing the order in.

Next
Return to News