Narzug confirmed for the next Hobbit movie(s?)

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Narzug confirmed for the next Hobbit movie(s?)

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 pm

I was just messing around on google trying to find Narzug painting schemes and I found this:
http://www.thelandofshadow.com/a-new-or ... bbit-film/

I know this article is over a month old, but I have not seen it posted or talked about here. Narzug will be played by the New Zealander Ben Mitchell.

One more thing, I also checked Bennett's IMDB profile and notice how he's casted in There and Back Again. Maybe he will be at TBFA after all? Or maybe just flashbacks.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0071847/
- RIP Fimbul and Narzug -

Standard Bearer

Re: Narzug confirmed for the next Hobbit movie(s?)

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 am

Interesting. I'm looking forward to it. I guess Narzug was supposed to be in the first film but got pushed to the second after it was announced there would be 3 films.

Squire

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 am

He is in the new trailer near the end, he jumps at the screen just before thorin swings his sword from within a barrel iirc
'You know, po-ta-toes.. boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew'

Standard Bearer

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/features/hobbit-2-and-3/p1
This mag article has some snippets of facts mixed with some rumour. But the facts speak loud, phychic spiders, Dain riding a pig, Beorn being tortured by orcs, Bolg finally showing up, Galadriel saving Gandalf... Spoilers abound for sure. prepare for a ride through 'inspired by' and a bit of 'completely made up for no reason for' as we venture away from 'based on' The Hobbit. But I think it will be an entertaining film.

Dain also with Mohawk and tattoos on his head riding an armoured wild boar and the Giant Vampire Bats fighting the eagles have me worried that they forgot how to just make a straight war, geez, just dwarves, elves and men fighting hordes of orcs and wargs is pretty cool without boars and bats. We'll see.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 am

He is in the new trailer near the end, he jumps at the screen just before thorin swings his sword from within a barrel iirc

How do you know it's not just another orc?

Warrior

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:51 am

Sithious wrote:http://www.empireonline.com/features/hobbit-2-and-3/p1
Dain also with Mohawk and tattoos on his head riding an armoured wild boar and the Giant Vampire Bats fighting the eagles have me worried that they forgot how to just make a straight war, geez, just dwarves, elves and men fighting hordes of orcs and wargs is pretty cool without boars and bats. We'll see.

I completely agree about the boars, however the bats were in the book. I have no problem with Giant Eagles and Giant Bats dog fighting over the Lonely Mountain, looking forward to that actually.
War is not about who's right, but who's left.

Standard Bearer

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 am

Some strange stuff in there, on various levels.
Just as Azog didn’t appear in Tolkien’s book, Bolg is a new character but plays a big part, leading orcs, wargs and bats into the Battle of the Five Armies.
Is of course simply untrue, and while Azog didn't actively play a role, he was mentioned at least twice (in relation to Thror and Bolg respectively).

That Dain (and all or some others) will arrive on boars has been known for a while, altough I can't say the idea seems any better now than it was back then.
The statement “It’s been great fun designing a dwarfish army - what they might wear, what they might ride into battle, all that stuff.” is peculiar as well, as there are little instances where Tolkien gives a better description of any group of warriors anywhere:
Each one of his folk was clad in a hauberk of steel mail
that hung to his knees, and his legs were covered with hose of a fine and flexible
metal mesh, the secret of whose making was possessed by Dain's people.
The dwarves are exceedingly strong for their height, but most of these were
strong even for dwarves. In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks; but
each of them had also a short broad sword at his side and a round shield slung at
his back. Their beards were forked and plaited and thrust into their belts. Their
caps were of iron and they were shod with iron, and their faces were grim.

They don't seem to understand that the BotFA is Elves, Men and Dwarves vs Goblins and Wolves, and as for the bats: they are indeed mentioned, but by the sound of things they are to be a lot bigger than what I'd expected from the book. Then again, that'll probably be the least of my worries...

Squire

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:26 pm

MoriaMadness wrote:He is in the new trailer near the end, he jumps at the screen just before thorin swings his sword from within a barrel iirc

I'm pretty sure that's just a generic hunter orc
- RIP Fimbul and Narzug -

Return to News