September

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

September

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Any news on whats coming up in September?
When are they going to start releasing the company on ponies.. :|
Last edited by mordor orc on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my scenic base thread- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7305&start=10

Squire

Re: September

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Realising?Well 40k is getting space m-Ultramarines if ward writes it and we get..........Nothing.Or something that we have a mini for already.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I am not in a hurry for a company on ponies, I know people like to have models for tactics, but since they never used ponies in combat in book or film, I don't see a reason to try to now. I think thye should not release anything until December, since they pretty much wrote us off already, why bother teasing with models that will not sell as well.

If they want to make money off models from the hobbit, release Rivendell elves on foot to represent the guards we saw on the stairs when they meet with Lindur or to represent the Rivendell knights on foot (technically they are a different army than the over ten year old models of TLA). Or they could release the Gundabad Orcs, the big ones that are at the battle not the hunter orcs on foot. Troops people want should out sell heroes we already have any day of the week (I would hope). They also use to release book stuff to fill in gaps, how about a release of the gate guards from the book, those 'fully armored' goblins that were surrounding the goblin king and the east gate in the book would sell well I think. They could still explain it off as the goblin town goblins were in 'living' garb, the sitting on the couch clothes since they were at home, and they would don armor if they went to battle or if at a guard station. I think GW forgot to care about the hobbit or read the book like they did with LOTR>
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:23 am

I think GW forgot to care about the hobbit or read the book like they did with LOTR

I would disagree with you there. More models have been released for AUJ than FOTR, however, I would agree that the marketing scheme is not as good.

Squire

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 am

da krimson barun wrote:Realising?Well 40k is getting space m-Ultramarines if ward writes it and we get..........Nothing.Or something that we have a mini for already.

Yes I know about that. I meant hobbit wise.
And about the spelling mistake the computer put it in that way I'll fix it.
Check out my scenic base thread- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7305&start=10

Squire

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 am

GW worships the ultramarines so we have almost no chance of getting a new release this month.November may be:Nids,Imperial guard or ORKS!WAAAGH!!!
October may be a new 40k skirmish game.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:21 pm

for FOTR:
The last alliance plastics
Numenor with bow blister
Numenor with spear blister
Sauron with elendil and isildur
Elendil and isildu on foot
Gilgilad on foot
Elrond in armour
High elf blister
16 metal orcs
plastic goblins
metal goblin with bow and hand weapons
Box set with plastic gobs and plastic TLA
Fellowship of the ring
Attack on Weathertop set with 5 wraiths, aragorn,
Ambush at amon hen with lurtz, aragorn, dying boromir, uruks carrying hobbits, and uruk scouts
Uruk scouts blister bow and swords
Balrog metal version
Cave Troll spear or chain
Arwen on horse with Frodo
Wraiths on horse blisters
Escape from Orthanc set (saruman, Gandalf, Palantir and Gwahir the eagle)
Dwarf Kings
Kings of Men
Haldir with sword (cloth)
Wood elves blister
Galadriel and Celeborn

I may have forgotten some things, but I think it makes a good point for first year releases for FOTR.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Squire

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Sithious, you missed Bilbo with the book and the ring, twilight ringwraiths, Saruman with palantir, Lurtz blister (different to the ambush at Amon-Hen model) and mounted Boromir, all alternate character sculpts.
We have certainly got a lot more plastic boxes from UEJ, and I'd like to do count to see how the number of metal/finecast characters compares.

Edit: A quick comparison:
Plastic boxed sets:
FOTR
1 good
1 evil
A plastic wall
UEJ
6 good (counting Thorin's co in plastic as 1 box, as it will no doubt be rerleased seperately in the future)
5 evil
1.5 terrain

Metal/finecast troops:
FOTR
~47 unique sculpts (difficult to count exactly)
UEJ

Metal/finecast monsters:
FOTR
UEJ
3 (I'm counting Radagast's sleigh here because its big)

Metal/finecast characters (foot and mounted)
FOTR
~38 good
~17 evil
UEJ
21 good
11 evil

Note that while we have 23 less metal/finecast characters, we got 19 in Escape from goblin town plus the goblin king.
I'd say we are doing better overall now than during the fellowship, especially with the number of quality plastic boxes being released.
Last edited by Antonio_13 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Standard Bearer

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:11 pm

While there are obviously more plastic models released, that is of course a general trend in te industry - 10 years ago, I don't think any of the manufacturers of historical models making plastics nowadays (Fireforge, Perry, Warlord, Gripping Beast, Agema, Victrix, Wargames Factory etc) were producing figures in plastic (or were around yet anyway). Because of changes in technology (among others), producing miniatures in plastic has become much more feasible: I don't doubt that, if the Fellowship range had been released now, we would have had a seperate High Elf and Númenor set, Orcs, Uruk-hai scouts and Balrog already in plastic (instead of several years down the line) etc.
Too much changed over those 10 years to have merely the number of models (or models in plastic) be a good indication of effort - space in stores, White Dwarf, newsletters and the likes gives a better picture I think.

Squire

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 pm

A good point Coen but it still goes to show the total number of sculpts is roughly equal.

Next
Return to News