Great Success of Great British Hobbit League

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Great Success of Great British Hobbit League

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm

I think this might just fit into the News section and it might just grab a bit more attention that in the tournaments/events forum.

As some of you may or may not know, since the beginning of this year in the UK a group of people came together and agreed to start organizing events in different parts of the country. After a while, upon agreeing with the GW Events team that we can use their results within the league I am proud to announce that last weekend we had our 7th event this year (5th independent) and so far across the vents 77 different people attended.

It wasn't easy, as the independent events ranged from anything between 8 to 27 players, but slowly we managed to grow a Facebook group and spread the news to many Hobbit players around.

To summarize the events so far, we have had (in addition to Throne of Skulls and Doubles):
- Close Encounters of the 3rd Age, March - London - 300pts, 1-army, 1-day event attended by 20
- Grand Hobbit Championships, April - Stockport - 1000pts, 2 armies, 2 day event attended by 10
- East Grinstead Wargames, June - East Grinstead - 750pts, 1 army, 1 day event attended by 14
- Grand Hobbits Defense, July - Stockport - 600pts, 2 armies, 2 days attended by 8
- The Longbottom Carnival, August - London, 750pts, 1 army, 2 days attended by 26

But fear not as you still have chance to attend and claim your fame! There are still 2 events planned for this year - Preston on 26/27 October and Stirling 30 November / 1st December. After that another event at the beginning of the year will probably close the first season on 10 tournaments.

Below some photographs to encourage everybody in the UK to join the league.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended, organized or helped with the league. You're all awesome.

Facebook Group Click Here
Current Ranking Click Here

Photos by members of the FB group. 100+ more to see.
BlackMist - 2 times UK LotR Champion.
Coordinator of the Great British Hobbit League.
Click to view the rankings
Join the Facebook group to stay up to date with the latest Tournaments

Standard Bearer

Re: Great Success of Great British Hobbit League

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 am

Epic Nazgul on Fellbeasts on an epic Khazad-Dum board!

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 pm

The Nazgul and Khazad Dum terrain reminded me of that clip from Fantasia where the crocodiles chase the hippos in tutu's - was the music 'Dance of the Hours' or such like?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:34 pm

I've been promising for a while but might finally be able to get involved now I'm back in the swing of things with my painting! It's been tough since getting down on one knee back in June but i plan to be quite active next year. Would love to make Preston but I'm at the UFC on 26th (although might make 27th) so will see about the one after that!

Keep up the good work fellas, doing a grand job for the hobby!

edit: Good to see the attendance figures here too, as a big champion (in discussion on the One Ring) of single army/doubles tournaments rather than the two army option.

Site Admin

Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:25 am

Great work. Distance is a pain - I wish I could join in :D

Return to News