Two Handed Weapons

For all questions and clarifications concerning the Strategy Battle Game rules.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Two Handed Weapons

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Hey All,

If a high elf warrior is converted to hold a hammer, Is it a two handed weapon or treated as a single handed weapon.
Imo its a single handed hammer because the high elf cannot buy a two handed weapon. So the cost of the high elf warrior wouldn't go up from its base points value.

I used a high elf warrior in this example but it could be another warrior/hero and the weapon conversion could be something else other then a hammer.

T
I'm also on The One Ring Forum: Tourin TLA
Irish Hobbit League

Villager

Re: Two Handed Weapons

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Well if he's holding it in two hands then either you say all guys with hammers are hand weapons, or all guys with hammers are elven blades. For another race, if they can buy two handed weapons for them, and you convert them to be holding a weapon in two hands, then it's got to be used as a two handed weapon I figure, vice versa for a single handed weapon.
Billy

Squire

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 am

Must have the option to use a 2H weapon, which you have stated they don't. Otherwise I could just add a shield, pike, crossbow.. the one ring.. whatever I liked. You are just changing between "hand weapon" not to another type like 2H weapon etc.

Villager

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks for the quick replies.

One other question: What kind of special strike can Farmer Maggot declare with his two handed scythe?
I'm also on The One Ring Forum: Tourin TLA
Irish Hobbit League

Standard Bearer

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Piercing Strike (like an axe) makes sense, although the effect of Whirl seems very suitable too - swinging the scythe around and hitting all in its path.

Squire

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 am

I would agree - piercing strike. The others don't really fit the profile of anything else

Villager

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:48 am

Thanks for sharing information.

Villager

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 am

I would agree that piercing strike would seem to be the relevant rule if you consider a scythe to be equal to a two handed pick. This would also allow a +1 to wound if it is two handed if my memory serves me correct... and the usual -1 for the dual/fight roll resolution as per original basic rules.

I would not reasonably consider it to be a flail at all because the hitting part of the weapon is not loosely fixed to the handle as is the case of a whip or flail. (i.e not chained or roped to the handle)
Of course you can discuss and decide prior to your game if your fair?

If I may pose a question in return... do your Farmer Maggots Dogs get any special attack for their teeth and claws attack?

Warrior

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Dior wrote:If I may pose a question in return... do your Farmer Maggots Dogs get any special attack for their teeth and claws attack?

They do not. There special rule is that these count as hand weapons.
Who ever said swimming was easier then running never swam a 400 I.M.

Proud swimmer and athlete for Queen's University of Charlotte

Return to SBG Rules Queries