Girion Question

For all questions and clarifications concerning the Strategy Battle Game rules.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Girion Question

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Girion's special rules state that he may re-roll to Hit and to Wound against any model with the fly special rule with "any missle weapon he uses". This wording seems to imply that Girion should have multiple missle weapons but he is only armed with a bow.

In the movie, we see Girion firing a Dwarven Windlance (I think that is what it was called) at Smaug. My belief is that GW was trying to mirror this scene in his rules.

Therefore, due to the unusual wording and what we see in the movie, do you think that Girion can apply his rules when operating a siege weapon like a Bolt thrower or Trebuchet? Technically he is firing the weapon, though with a crew aiding him.

Standard Bearer

Re: Girion Question

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 am

To me it seems to imply we're getting Dwarven Windlances at some point in the future.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Ranger

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Yes, but remember that he would count as 'untrained' crew so would only hit on a '6'.

Standard Bearer

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:04 am

Yes, but remember that he would count as 'untrained' crew so would only hit on a '6'.

Which would kind of make sense since Girion failed to kill Smaug.

Return to SBG Rules Queries