Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 pm

As title
Last edited by LonelyKnight on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: hithero said so

Standard Bearer

Re: Kingdoms of Men Book Discussion and Questions

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 pm

One question Im pretty sure about, but would be nice to have cleared up is for the Kings Huntsman. His rule allows him to pass in the way rolls on anything but a 1, when shooting at heroes mounted on montrous mounts (ie fell beasts) does he choose which his original target is (ie. can choose the beast if he wishes, or the rider) and is it still a 2+ roll?

Im pretty sure it is like that, but just making sure it not hit the rider on a 2+ and beast only on a 1.

Nemo

Villager

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

nemo wrote:One question Im pretty sure about, but would be nice to have cleared up is for the Kings Huntsman. His rule allows him to pass in the way rolls on anything but a 1, when shooting at heroes mounted on montrous mounts (ie fell beasts) does he choose which his original target is (ie. can choose the beast if he wishes, or the rider) and is it still a 2+ roll?

Im pretty sure it is like that, but just making sure it not hit the rider on a 2+ and beast only on a 1.

Nemo

That's not an in the way test, so he'd randomise what he hits as usual.

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 pm

although maybe not for the FAQs but meny of us want to know im sure

Why can we still not have RoR without bows at 12 points!!??

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Why are Warriors of Rohan complete obsolete now? For the same cost, you can get an Outrider, who has better shootvalue and courage, and also has a nice special rule.

From a purely competitive point of view, anyone who takes Warriors of Rohan in their army list a complete fool, and I tdo not think that a game should have options that are clearly, point for point, worse then other options. Or is it just GW making $$?
If I am going to a tournament now I will always ask first if they allow converted WoR as Outriders.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Ar-Pharazon wrote:Why are Warriors of Rohan complete obsolete now? For the same cost, you can get an Outrider, who has better shootvalue and courage, and also has a nice special rule.

From a purely competitive point of view, anyone who takes Warriors of Rohan in their army list a complete fool, and I tdo not think that a game should have options that are clearly, point for point, worse then other options. Or is it just GW making $$?
If I am going to a tournament now I will always ask first if they allow converted WoR as Outriders.

I know, their lower D makes no difference to S2 shooting and only makes a difference to s3, and not 4. GW really should have made the option to remove the bow and replace them with TW for +1 pt, or made all RoR be fight 4 on the charge( okay overkill ).
http://richmondwarmancers.blogspot.com/ a space for news, hobby tips, battle reports and opinion on Lord of The Rings, Battlefleet Gothic and both warhammer systems.

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm

They have no lower Defence, WoR with bow are D4 and Outriders also, know I am talking about Outriders on foot here.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

The easy fix would to have been to make outriders have to be mounted. Then the warriors of Rohan would be the better value on foot, since the outriders would be throwing their horses away if they dismount.

As it is you are correct there is no reason not to take Outriders rather than Warriors of Rohan with bows.

Villager

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm

The warriors can be upgraded with grimbold and the other character, whereas the outriders can't :P

Ranger

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 pm

I'd rather have 3+ to hit than S4 bowmen who will sit on an objective without fear of running because erkenbrand is on the table giving all models +2 courage making elf heroes C8/9 and pretty much all Good heroes C6 minimum.

Next
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books